What are writing retreats?
Our writing retreats are an opportunity for graduate students and postdocs to dedicate time to their writing. Each retreat is 3 hours long and hosted by a Graduate Writing Fellow who provides drop-in consultation services for scholars seeking writing assistance.
Individuals, writing groups, and writing partners are all encouraged to join the retreat space to work together quietly or to consult with the Graduate Writing Fellow.
There is no requirement to attend the retreat for the entire 3 hours; please come as your time allows.
Bring your own mug - we will provide the tea and snacks!
When are writing retreats?
There are six writing retreats per quarter and two during each summer session. Please view the GradPathways calendar of events to see upcoming retreat times and locations. For your convenience, this quarter's writing retreats are listed below:
- Monday, October 19th, 2pm-5pm, Online, Register
- Thursday, October 29th, 2pm-5pm, Online, Register
- Monday, November 2nd, 1pm-4pm, Online, Register
- Monday, November 9th, 10am-1pm, Online, Register
- Thursday, November 12th, 12pm-3pm, Online, Register
- Tuesday, December 8th, 2pm-5pm, Online, Register
Graduate School of Management
There will be three writing retreats specifically focused for students in the Graduate School of Management and the MSBA.
- Friday, November 6th, 1pm-4pm, Online, Register
- Tuesday, November 17th, 2pm-5pm, Online, Register
- Wednesday, December 2nd, 4pm-7pm, Online, Register