What are writing retreats?
Our writing retreats are an opportunity for graduate students and postdocs to dedicate time to their writing. Each retreat is 3 hours long and hosted by a Graduate Writing Fellow who provides drop-in consultation services for scholars seeking writing assistance.
Individuals, writing groups, and writing partners are all encouraged to join the retreat space to work together quietly or to consult with the Graduate Writing Fellow.
There is no requirement to attend the retreat for the entire 3 hours; please come as your time allows.
Bring your own mug - we will provide the tea and snacks!
When are writing retreats?
There are six writing retreats per quarter and two during each summer session. Please view the GradPathways calendar of events to see upcoming retreat times and locations. For your convenience, this quarter's writing retreats are listed below:
- Tuesday, October 2nd, 9:30am-12:30pm, SCC, Meeting Room B
- Tuesday, October 9th, 10am-1pm, SCC, Meeting Room B
- Thursday, October 18th, 10am-1pm, BIMH 2603 (Sacramento)
- Thursday, October 25th, 10am-1pm, SCC, Meeting Room B
- Wednesday, November 7th, 10am-1pm, SCC, Meeting Room B
- Friday, November 16th, 10am-1pm, MU, DeCarli Room