What are writing retreats?
Our writing retreats are an opportunity for graduate students and postdocs to dedicate time to their writing. Each retreat is 3 hours long and hosted by a Graduate Writing Fellow who provides drop-in consultation services for scholars seeking writing assistance.
Individuals, writing groups, and writing partners are all encouraged to join the retreat space to work together quietly or to consult with the Graduate Writing Fellow.
There is no requirement to attend the retreat for the entire 3 hours; please come as your time allows.
Bring your own mug - we will provide the tea and snacks!
When are writing retreats?
There are six writing retreats per quarter. Please view the GradPathways calendar of events to see upcoming retreat times and locations. For your convenience, this quarter's writing retreats are listed below:
- Tuesday April 3rd, 10am-1pm, SCC room C
- Thursday, April 5th, 10am-1pm, BIMH 2605 (Nursing students only)
- Monday, April 16th, 10am-1pm, SCC room C
- Monday, April 23rd, 11am-2pm, SCC room C
- Monday, May 7th, 1pm-4pm, SCC room C
- Thursday, May 10th, 2pm-5pm SCC room C